Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Varsity apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are the apartments furnished?
- Yes, all of our apartments are fully furnished. All you need to supply are linens, utensils, and any personal items you may need.
- Can I bring my pet?
- No, unfortunately we do not allow pets.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- Great news! We have a feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests. Just log onto our website and click the "Pay Rent" link. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a convenience charge for this service.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one and a half (1.5) month's rent.
- Does an application guarantee a spot?
- No, only a completed lease guarantees a spot, not an application.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- Do you offer individual leases for each resident?
- Yes, we offer individual leases for each resident. At The Varsity, you are not responsible for anyone else, including roommates. There is no liability on your end to pay the rent of any other resident or roommate, which is an advantage over most apartments and rental properties.
- Is parking included?
- Parking is separate. It costs $200 per space and there are a limited number of spaces. Please call the leasing office for more information.
- What utilities are included?
- Your monthly rent includes: wireless internet, cable, gas, electric and water.
- Will you send me a bill?
- We do not send bills or invoices. The front page of your lease dictates exactly when each payments is due.